Atlanta Quality Assurance Association Board Code of Ethics
The mission of the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association (AQAA) is to
provide local interaction among member organizations in the Atlanta Area,
to mutually support each other and to supplement the exchange of
information about Quality Assurance, Software Testing, and Total Quality
Code of Ethics
Given its mission, the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association has adopted a
code of ethics to guide its board members and volunteers in their conduct
when acting on behalf of AQAA. The Code contains broad principles reflecting
the types of behavior the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association expects
towards constituents, sponsors, members, visitors and the public.
This policy is not intended as a stand-alone policy. It does not embody the
totality of the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association ethical standards, nor
does it answer every ethical question or issue that might arise. Rather, it
is one element of a broader effort to create and maintain a quality organization
that gives ethical conduct the highest priority. This Code will be reviewed periodically.
Board members and volunteers should:
- Listen to our stakeholders and make all reasonable efforts to satisfy their needs and concerns within the scope of our mission, and to strive for excellence and innovation and demonstrate professional respect and responsiveness to constituents, sponsors, members and others.
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information about the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association, its members, constituents, sponsors, visitors and board.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and fiduciary responsibilities in an effort to create transparency in all of our operations.
- For the AQAA board, provide credible and effective oversight to the organization’s work without personal bias.
- Abide by the governing documents and policies of the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association.
- Be accountable for adhering to this Code of Ethics.
- Act at all times in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in the best interest of the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association, its members, constituents, sponsors and reputation.
- Openly and honestly tell the truth.
- Honor our commitments and promises to the best of our abilities.
- Appropriately acknowledge contributions from other individuals and organizations who help facilitate our goals.
- Not be deceptive in our sponsor recruitment activities or in prospecting for new members to join the Atlanta Quality Assurance Association.
Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting
The Atlanta Quality Assurance Association President and Vice President are responsible
for communicating this Code of Ethics to all members of the board and volunteers and
for ensuring its adherence at all times.